06 October 2010

this day

I shared awhile back that I'm neck deep in a season of rough waters. And yesterday, I woke up sad. There were a lot of tears for some known, and some unknown reasons. It was just one of those days. One of those days when I'm really thankful for a boyfriend who will just hold my hand and let me cry. One of those days I'm thankful for a mom who eat popcorn with me at 10:30 at night, and stop whatever she's doing to talk. One of those days that feels like a battle.

But today was a new day. A gorgeous day. I was walking downtown with a light heart and felt such delight in the warm sun and a cookie and a used bookstore. It was a perfect moment, a tangible love letter from God, as if to say "Ashley, I gave you today. Another day to try again. Enjoy THIS day. Enjoy the good things I have given you today. Don't worry about your tomorrow, or even your yesterday. I am more than capable to handle your future and your heart. So let Me...and today, just rest."

1 comment:

  1. I would eat your popcorn at 3 in the morning...Oh wait that's when I eat breakfast. That works. I love you.

    ReplyDelete