23 July 2011

We haven’t lost romance in the digital age, but we may be neglecting it. In doing so, antiquated art forms are taking on new importance. The power of a hand-written letter is greater than ever. It’s personal and deliberate means more than an email or text ever will. It has a unique scent. It requires deciphering. But, most important, it’s flawed There are errors in handwriting, punctuation, grammar, and spelling that show our vulnerability. And vulnerability is the essence of romance. It’s the art of being uncalculated, the willingness to look foolish, the courage to say, “This is me, and I’m interested in you enough to show you my flaws with the hope that you may embrace me for all that I am but, more importantly, all that I am not.”
- Ashton Kutcher

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, I started reading that and thought "this has to be a Jane Austen quote." and then got to the bottom and "Ashton Kutcher"! what? wow I loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashton Kutcher? I knew I liked him. Well said :)

    ReplyDelete