04 August 2011

August Weekends

August is hot... and a little boring because everyone leaves and everything closes.
So we make our own fun...

Our toddy maker(s) arrived!! I had my first iced coffee... a-mazing.
I thought I saw someone with a shopping bag that said "Time Lord" on it and I got really excited... It didn't really. I think they had purchased a watch.

I found out there's a place that has beginning ballet classes for adults!! I can make friends AND become a prima ballerina :)

We went to our favorite pool in Madrid, where you feel like you're at some sort of ancient Grecian baths because it's surrounded in tall trees, Ke$ha is NOT playing over the loudspeakers...and probably because Nikki and I have vivid imaginations.
((maybe don't examine this photo too closely... you never know what you might see))
I got some long-overdue new tennis shoes.
Like as in, I should have gotten new ones before we left 8 months ago.
We had delicious Indian food. And watermelon. Because only Nick can ask for watermelon in a place that doesn't *actually* have it, and they go find some for him.
And I got to talk to my whole family.
Even though the internet was being uncooperative and most of our conversation consisted of "what? I can't hear you. You're frozen" and taking screen shots.

1 comment:

  1. So glad it worked to talk today!! I love you. The kids loved it so much. They would do that everyday.

    ReplyDelete