04 May 2010

dream

How amazing is this garden? I have to remind myself occasionally that I'm moving to Madrid for 5 years and not for life. I will only be 30 when our cycle is done. I have plenty of life to live and maybe someday I could have a garden like this. HOWEVER, it is often a daily battle to just BE where I am. I often imagine this ideal, simple life where I live in the same fantastically quaint home for 50 years where my children can run around outside, where I can make homemade things and slow down the pace of life, where I can sit on the front porch with my love and drink tea every night. I have to remind myself that what God has called me to NOW is the next 5 years in Madrid, and that's where I need to be. Although it looks nothing like this ideal in my mind, it will be an amazing adventure. And I know I will love it. Because at the end of the day, it comes down to a choice to be content and love where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment