18 September 2010

Like any good Nebraskan, I'm enamored with the fall.

Autumn in Nebraska is harvest and pumpkins.
Mums blooming and leaves changing colors.
It's Husker football and sweaters.
Cuddling, fire places and hot coffee.
It's windows-open-extra-covers-on-the-bed kind of weather.
I went to the farmers market this morning. I drove all the way down 10th street without hitting a red light. When I pulled into my parking spot, there was still an hour on the meter. I had time to walk around by myself and see the sights and smell the smells. I got a surprise hug from an "amiga para siempre" who I haven't seen in awhile. When I got home I ate my heirloom tomatoes and made pumpkin cookies with candied pecans. The Huskers play Washington in 30 minutes and then I will come home and pack to go to Chicago.

I think this is the kind of day we file under "good".

No comments:

Post a Comment