30 April 2010

slow living

READ THIS...(click here!) I love her thoughts about living life at a much slower pace. This is my favorite quote from the article:

"I've always called it "simple living" because that's what I've always heard it referred to as, that kind of returning to the earth, to the older ways of living. Moving away from the consumerism and microwave kind of world. But, "simple" living isn't really simple at all. It's work. A lot of it. For the most part, I find it enjoyable work. I find that I like rhythm of this sort of life. It's really like slow living isn't it? Everything comes slower. The food comes slower, the heat comes slower, you're living your life just a little slower. And as a result you notice more, don't you? You pay more attention to the seasons. You pay more attention to your consumption. And in a round about way, you pay more attention to your family." (http://moonlithill.blogspot.com/)


(i have no clue who these people are but i think this is the sweetest picture. i think a lot about practicing now a lifestyle that is simpler and slower so that someday when i have kids, and life seems to move faster and faster, i can enjoy moments like this while they last)

No comments:

Post a Comment