27 April 2010

solitude

Last Tuesday was kind of a rough day. So after lunch I packed up my journal, bible and some A.W. Tozer and drove to Nebraska City. For some reason, I almost always end up in Neb City when I need some time of solitude.

Unfortunately, I think the concept of Solitude has been lost a little in our American culture. As an introvert, I've always enjoyed time alone but have only in the past year or so begun to value spending time in solitude. Away from familiar things (i.e. home, or the Mill), away from people in general for large chunks of time so that I can actually let my heart quiet down and spend time sitting at Jesus feet. I would say my times of solitude, although usually prompted by a heavy heart, are never particularly epic. In fact, I usually come away from them with with nothing in particular except knowing that I've been with Jesus, which more often than not, is exactly what i need.

Here are some pictures I snapped last week.







No comments:

Post a Comment