17 May 2011

Sewing Machine!

At some point this past fall, when I was living with my parents, I said to my mom, "When I come home from Spain, I'm going to get a sewing machine." and she said, "Honey, you're going to be there for five years, and I'm pretty sure they have sewing machines in Spain."

Right. So, with the money we got from selling my car, I bought a sewing machine! It has been sitting in my room in the box for awhile because I didn't have a table to put it on. But then I found one at a garage sale last week and Blake and Nick carried it alllllllll the way home for me on Sunday, so I finally got it out!

(the volume of pictures here is mostly for my mom) :)

ta-da! there's actually a sewing machine in there!
And now it's all ready for me to learn to make an apron!
But that will probably have to wait until the weekend when Spanish class isn't consuming my life and energy.

3 comments:

  1. I especially love that you match the machine in the pictures!!! Love love love this post can't wait to see pictures of the apron progress. So wish I could be there to "help" (translate - "help" to "push you out of the chair and take over") Seriously though enjoy yourself! And thanks for all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I need to hop on it and relearn! Can't wait to make an apron with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You are so cute. Love that little table too =) Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete